top of page

Nasa Consulting - Who needs to complete a tax return?

In the UK, individuals who fall into any of the following categories are required to complete a self-assessment tax return:

  1. Self-employed individuals or sole traders who have earned over £1,000

  2. Company directors

  3. Individuals with an annual income of £150,000 or more

  4. Individuals with income from savings, investments or dividends of £10,000 or more before tax

  5. Landlords with rental income of £2,500 or more (after deducting allowable expenses)

  6. Individuals who receive foreign income

  7. Individuals who have received income from trusts, settlements or estates

  8. Individuals who have sold or given away assets that have led to a capital gain and are subject to Capital Gains Tax

  9. Individuals who have received income from self-employment abroad

  10. Individuals who have received income from employment outside of the UK that is subject to UK tax

  11. Individuals who have received income from a partnership

  12. High-income individuals who have received Child Benefit and whose income is over £60,000.

Please note: this is not an exhaustive list, and there may be additional circumstances where submitting a tax return is required. We recommend getting in touch to discuss your individual circumstances


bottom of page